Portable power stations and solar panels can be an excellent way to provide electricity when you’re off-grid, whether that’s during a power outage or just for having fun out beyond the power lines, and we’re always on the lookout for the best deals on brands and models that we’ve used and reviewed before.
CleanTechnica’s own Kyle Field put the EcoFlow Delta Max portable power station to the test as part of his Tesla car camping road trip kit last year, where he paired it with an induction cooktop and a small fridge, and he found it to be a worthy accessory.
“The EcoFlow Delta Max’s compact form factor fit nicely into the sub trunk of the Tesla Model Y. Its 2,400 watt AC power output and staggering 5,000 watt peak output ensured that it would be able to power the single induction burner, portable electric refrigerator/cooler, hot water pot, water pump, and pretty much anything I could need.
“Plugging the system into my induction cooktop, the system was easily able to power my cooktop, pushing out the full 1,500 watts on high for as long as needed. It was able to boil 4 cups of water in 2.5 minutes and could power the unit for nearly an hour and 20 minutes on high continuously. This was in addition to keeping a small fridge running for essentially as long as needed. While out on road trips, I found it easiest to simply keep the battery plugged into the 12 volt outlet in the rear of the vehicle to ensure it stayed full, tapping into the sun with solar when setting up camp.”
Currently, the EcoFlow Delta Max power station and a 160W folding solar panel are going for just $1348, which is almost 30% off of the regular retail price of $1899.
EcoFlow Delta Max Specs
- Capacity: 2,016Wh
- Extra Battery: Support up to two DELTA Max Smart Extra Battery/Smart Generator
- AC Output: 6 outlets, 2,400W total (Peak 5,000W)
- USB-A Output: 2 ports, 5V, 2.4A, 12W Max per port
- USB-A Fast Charge: 2 ports, 5V, 2.4A / 9V, 2A / 12V, 1.5A, 18W Max per port
- USB-C Output: 2 ports, 5/9/12/15/20V, 5A, 100W Max per port
- Car Power Output: 12.6V, 10A, 126W Max
- DC5521 Output: 2 ports, 12.6V, 3A, 38W Max per port
- AC Charging Input: 1,800W Max, 15A
- Solar Charging Input: 800W Max, 11-100V, 13A
- Car Charging Input: Support 12V/24V battery, 8A
- Battery Chemistry: NCM
- Cycle Life: 800 cycles to 80% capacity
- Weight: 48lb
- Dimensions: 19.6″ long x 9.5″ wide x 12″ tall
Have a tip for CleanTechnica? Want to advertise? Want to suggest a guest for our CleanTech Talk podcast? Contact us here.
EV Obsession Daily!
I don’t like paywalls. You don’t like paywalls. Who likes paywalls? Here at CleanTechnica, we implemented a limited paywall for a while, but it always felt wrong — and it was always tough to decide what we should put behind there. In theory, your most exclusive and best content goes behind a paywall. But then fewer people read it!! So, we’ve decided to completely nix paywalls here at CleanTechnica. But…
Community Solar Benefits & Growth
CleanTechnica uses affiliate links. See our policy here.